Monday 28 May 2012

Long Time No Blog

Bit of a gap with the blogging....various reasons....but today I was out in Port Seton, sketching with Damian Callan.  Damian was running a session with a model  (Michael) based at the harbour, and the weather was pretty good.  I was working in various media.  Here's a charcoal sketch.
Sitting on the Boat
It turned out very dark, with the harbour wall as a backdrop, but it was fairly atmospheric.  Got a kind of old-fashioned look.

I tried some colour - using pastel direct on to the page with this one (no drawing).

Sitting on the Capstain
It was so colourful in full sun - almost oppressively hot - but then the east wind got up and we were cold by the end of the day. In the afternoon we did longer sketches.
Another capstain pose

This one was a quick sketch using pen and ink, then adding pastel.  And here's another direct pastel picture - the last pose of the day. 
With the creels
But even after everyone left, I carried on and did another couple of sketches.  No models - real fishermen this time.
Repairing the Nets
This one, again, I did with pen and ink, followed up with pastel.
Anyway, a good day's sketching and I may go and do more if the weather keeps up!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I'd been there! Plan a Port Seton sortee with Janet (do you know her?) in the next week or so. Will let you know when and you could join us???

    ReplyDelete