Saturday 13 April 2013

Sketching in Shieldaig

Up north again, at last.  Happy to be here, and even happier to get a little sketching done.
Went over to Shieldaig - always drawn to the mystery of Shieldaig Island.  Thought I'd get a good view of it from the new community pontoon, so we walked down there and I lingered to do this sketch using graphite and pencil.

Sketch of Shieldaig Island from the pontoon pier.
Also did this little pencil study, focusing on the Island's rocky edge (with Diabeg, and Raasay perhaps in the distance).

Island Edge Sketch
Drove round the corner to have a quick look at Torridon.  Hills were looking splendid with a little snow on the tops.  Managed a quick charcoal sketch despite the wind tugging at the pages.  The composition looks promising....

Ben Dearg across Loch Torridon with Birch Shore
Sadly that was all I could squeeze in today. And now I hear the rain outside.  This is good news for the wildlife here - it's been very dry and the evidence of recent wildfires was clear to see.  But I'll be sorry if I can't get out for some more sketching while we're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment