Thursday 16 June 2011

Anticipating another day at Leith (School of Art)

I've finished my working week now, and am anticipating my day at Leith tomorrow. It's so close to the end of term - only two more Fridays to go - and we know that next week - our last day of the course -we're to be out sketching because all the artwork will be on the walls.

So tomorrow will effectively be our last day in the studio. Our paintings will have been framed and we will have to check if any repainting needs to be done. But I'm not sure what we will do other than that. I'm thinking of doing some extra work to my large painting - the one below. I'm still not sure if the area of shingle looks ok - Peter thinks it looks too fluffy to be shingle or stones. I have a couple of ideas. It's obviously a bit high risk - it'll be too late it it doesn't work. I shall just have to size it up tomorrow after a week of not seeing the picture and make that decision.
Image copyright Aileen Grant
I think the actual picture (about 60x40 cms) is a little more colourful than this....

After the class, Peter and I are off to Tighnabruaich for the weekend with Rona and Mel so I won't be able to add any update until Monday. I'll maybe get a little sketching done over the weekend - hoping Rona will join me - but the weather forecast is not great. So fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment