Tuesday 18 September 2012

Working hard...

In the studio again yesterday, trying to keep focused on my landscapes. I tried the Slumbay seaweed picture again first and spent all morning on it. I was working hard on the colour, trying to get a more accurate representation of the navyblue sea.
Emerging picture Seaweed Bay
I think this is better for colour than last week's version, but I'm not so sure about the composition now.  I've brought it home to think about it.  The far away shore may be on too big a scale, and maybe the sea is too wide.  Ah well, we'll see.

In the afternoon, I thought I'd then return to my black and white theme and tried these.
Slumbay with Boats sketch
I wasn't pleased about how this turned out, but when I crop it, it looks more interesting.
Slumbay with Boats Sketch
Much better, isn't it?  But technically it's a bit of a mess, so I think I'll re-do it.
The other one I tried was a scene based on a Camusteil sketch.
The Front, Camusteil Sketch
A bit of artistic licence here (that ruined cottage is not ruined).  I'm so surprised at how this looks at this scale. So maybe I'll have to keep at this one too.  I may try it on a smaller scale.

I came home exhausted from the studio, but I've cheered myself up now.  I think I've got a focus for Friday - that's the main thing for me. Just need to keep some drawing going until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment