Monday 11 February 2013

Only An Hour In The Studio

Had to go to the dentist today, so not much time for painting.  However, I still managed to get into the studio and do a little bit of experimenting.

I want to finish this oil painting that I started in December.
Bracken Field in progress.
Didn't have enough time to start in oils, and I don't feel clear about what I want to do to take this further. I just know it needs a bit more work.  So I figured I should do some playing about and practising, thinking about the mark-making and the colour before I go back into the picture.

Today with my hour in the studio, I managed to do this black and white study.
Bracken Field Study
I used graphite, white conte, rubbed out then added more graphite, PVA and acrylic.  Shall return to this exercise later in the week....Must get it finished in time for our exhibition!

No comments:

Post a Comment