Sunday 3 July 2011

Summer at last!

Finally we get some good weather. What a beautiful day it was yesterday. We went off to Seacliff - the pay beach as Peter calls it. We were looking after Pooka the dog and she headed straight into the water. I headed straight over to the rocks to do a quick sketch before the tide came in.
Bass Rock sketch copyright Aileen Grant
I've tried to paint this view once before, but with a sandy foreground. I think the rocky and seaweed foreground has greater potential, so I may try to paint it again. This sketch was in pastels in an effort to catch the colours.  Sadly that was the only sketch I managed. It was far too picturesque! But when I got home I managed to do a pencil sketch of the view towards Berwick Law.
East over Fisherrow Harbour copyright Aileen Grant
I think this is a good view with the potential for a picture - particularly with the power station in it - the verticals echo the masts in the harbour. And it's the view from my balcony.....Sorry the photo's not so good. Anyway, today's another lovely day, but I'm going to the studio for a short time. I missed out on Friday cos' I had to work, so I want to make up for lost time.

No comments:

Post a Comment