Monday 13 June 2011

A busy day in the studio

Image copyright Aileen Grant

Today in the studio I was trying to finish a few things off. I started on my black and white pictures and a large drawing. I was a bit surprised about how the picture above turned out. It is a picture of the shore at Kintyre - where I was recently for Rob's birthday party. On his birthday, it was a really stormy day, but we spent most of  the time on the beach in the howling wind, keeping a fire going. I think spending so long on the beach allowed me to absorb the atmosphere. Anyway, I had already pretty much finished this picture, but I wasn't happy with it. So I had a bit of a go at it today - more charcoal, black ink and white acrylic - and here's the result. Still not sure if it's finished. Comments would be welcome.

I've brought another two pictures home - I need to review these over the next few days. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment